THE RUMOR MILL & GOSSIP WAREHOUSE
Give Us Your Version of the Word on the Street!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mike Farris with Damon Johnson this February? (Read 18 times)
DougOrama
Real Rocker

Texas
Mike Farris with Damon Johnson this February?
01/28/17 at 21:12:19

Read here:

https://www.facebook.com/don.wishon?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Let's just say February 18, Wishon Promotions' first concert production of 2017, has been a revolving door of potential shows.

First, we were going to host Mack, Myers, and Moore for the 4th consecutive year...received a phone call from Randy Jackson of ZEBRA that same week and was going to add him to the bill. Wow, cool show, huh?

Second, Randy could not pass up a great opportunity in Houston, knowing he can come to Dallas just about any time, so now who would I bill with MMM? How about Zach's buddy Damon Johnson (Brother Cane, Alice Cooper, Thin Lizzy, Black Star Riders)? Damon and Zach performed together as part of the Brother Cane reunion at the Dallas International Guitar Festival back in 2011 and then my good friend and videographer Wayne Johnston edited an outstanding video of Damon and Zach (along with Zack Mack and J.R. Moore) performing "Borderline" at two different shows of mine in 2014 and 2015. Wow, cool show, huh?

Third, Zach contacts me to let me know that he will be on vacation that part of February and now we are looking at something maybe in March. So who would I bill with Damon? From the picture below, you can see 2015 Grammy Award Winner and the guy who put on one of the most incredible concerts in my 18 years of doing shows...Mike Farris! Wow, very cool show!!

Yes!! Damon Johnson AND Mike Farris...are you freakin' kidding me? I will be working to get the online ticket system ready to go and announce a date and time tickets will be available. In the meantime, please share this post with any and all...as always, we all need to participate and help spread the word as none of this happens without the continued support of the greatest fans! I appreciate all of you and thank you...I am sure Damon and Mike will as well come February 18 at Poor David's Pub in Dallas.

"I'm sorry to say that I'm amazed at what passes for love."
---
Order the new Storyville LIVE DVD and CD set!
WWW   IP Logged
Bryan_T
Administrator

Rockin' & Racin'

Rockin' Rowland
Re: Mike Farris with Damon Johnson this February?
Reply #1 - 01/30/17 at 16:14:05

Cool. I've organized and promoted 3 total Mike Farris and Damon Johnson acoustic shows. Would love to bring them both back to our 15th Annual Rowland Acoustic Revival Sat June 3rd. They both performed together at our inaugurate event in 2003. Damon also opened for the Wheelies at WHEELIEFEST 2001 and Mike joined him mid-set for a few tunes together.

Ironically, Feb 18th is also our Winter WHEELIEFEST 6 event this year.

"My clan is tough, my face is rough from weather & booze" - Parlor Mob

"AC/DC is the small block Chevy of Rock-N-Roll" -drunken BT
WWW   IP Logged
DougOrama
Real Rocker

Texas
Reply #2 - 02/19/17 at 20:04:39

Several videos have been posted from the show. Pretty dang cool. I was not able to attend so I'm glad there's some quality representation on the tubes.

---
WWW   IP Logged
DougOrama
Real Rocker

Texas
Reply #3 - 02/19/17 at 20:13:39

---
WWW   IP Logged
Bryan_T
Administrator

Rockin' & Racin'

Rockin' Rowland
Reply #4 - 02/22/17 at 11:00:28

THANKS for sharing Doug!!

"My clan is tough, my face is rough from weather & booze" - Parlor Mob

"AC/DC is the small block Chevy of Rock-N-Roll" -drunken BT
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print