THE RUMOR MILL & GOSSIP WAREHOUSE
Give Us Your Version of the Word on the Street!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Need some prayers (Read 154 times)
StvMan
Real Rocker

"Yeah but I can
go to 11. One More
Louder"

Need some prayers
09/06/11 at 11:45:39

I need some support from my most awesome extended family. I came to Salem MA to visit with my Dad and his wife over the Labor Day weekend. Got here Friday. Sunday my Dad started bleeding internally and we had to come to the ER. Sunday was not a good day and we almost lost him. I am still in MA at the hospital now. The staff here at North Shore Medical Center did a fantastic job of saving his life.  So 1st I want to say Thank You! to all the people involved in saving him. The bleeding has been stopped and currently he is in a comma but holding his own. We need some prayers for him to wake up sooner than later.

"A Little Whiskey Buzz Through Your Radio" TCB
  IP Logged
Andy24
Real Rocker

Rochester, NY
Re: Need some prayers
Reply #1 - 09/06/11 at 16:22:27

Talk about a close call eh. Glad to hear that the ER folks were able to save him, now it's up to your dad and our other "Father" to do their part. Best wishes Mr. Manry, fight the good fight if ya want or let it go and see what's on the "other side" of life!

Was the coma induced, and where was he bleeding from internally, curious nursing student wants to know the details, post or PM me if you feel you want to share of course?

Rest easy...

IP Logged
dirtbag
Administrator

Knowledge of the
lack of knowledge is
POWER!

Reply #2 - 09/06/11 at 20:48:23

Sorry to hear about your Dad's situation Steve.  Will definitely keep him and you and your family in our prayers and hope for a full recovery.  Hang in there bro.

Can it get any better than drinkin, rockin, and blowin shit up? I didn't think so.
~ Bill Todd L.C.C.
WWW   IP Logged
StvMan
Real Rocker

"Yeah but I can
go to 11. One More
Louder"

Reply #3 - 09/08/11 at 13:17:09

Thanks for the wishes guys.

IP Logged
Becky
Administrator

Lexington, KY
Reply #4 - 09/08/11 at 16:22:10

Prayers sent from Kentucky.  Good luck with your Dad!

Home of the free because of the brave
WWW   IP Logged
hip
Real Rocker

KILL UGLY RADIO!

Canada
Reply #5 - 09/08/11 at 17:21:44

Take care Steve thinking about you and your dad daily.

WWW   IP Logged
khax
Senior Rocker

REAL ROCKER

Reply #6 - 09/08/11 at 18:49:12

Prayers and good vibes Bro.

September chills in the air. Everybody acts like they just don't care.
  IP Logged
StvMan
Real Rocker

"Yeah but I can
go to 11. One More
Louder"

Reply #7 - 09/09/11 at 09:11:35

Thank you everyone again for the prayers and wishes. I am posting a link that you can go on to see my Dad's progress if you like. The site is Care Bridge. It is a dot org so people can post news about people who have some sort of serious medical issue and not have to call and e-mail 8000 people. It's easy to sign up. Just an e-mail address and a password. Link is posted below if interested in stopping by:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/stevemanry

IP Logged
StvMan
Real Rocker

"Yeah but I can
go to 11. One More
Louder"

Reply #8 - 09/21/11 at 23:27:13

Update: My Dad is not doing well. Pneumonia has set back in and this is impairing the functioning of his liver. Right now he is a space case and the prognosis is not good. At this point I am not sure what his stage of life is going to be. Could be heaven or permanent vacation mentally. I want to thank all of you for your kind words and prayers. I believe a trip to MA is in the very near future. This is my 1st experience with a parent and I am having a time of it.. I love all of you and again thank you! I will keep you posted

IP Logged
Andy24
Real Rocker

Rochester, NY
Reply #9 - 09/27/11 at 11:01:02

Hang tough Stvman, lost my mom due to cancer at 22yrs old and it isn't easy to bury your parent at any age, but seeing them suffer through a disease or illness isn't fun either. Thinking of ya.

And now a public service announcement from your resident future RN : )

I would suggest to anyone and everyone about reviewing a Health Care Proxy, Living Will or MOLST form with your living parents, siblings, spouse, and significant other as soon as possible. Just like you plan for retirement, or that yearly vacation, you also need to plan for your death. A car accident could render you in a coma and not able to tell anyone "to pull the plug" if that is your wish. Not everyone lives to be 90yrs old and goes in their sleep. Better to have a plan than leave it someone else to decide. I know a morbid topic, but a very important one nonetheless.

Remember that Terry Schiavo case in Florida a few years back? It's best to share you wishes on your specific meaning of "quality of life" while you can so that your loved one('s) can make informed decisions on your health care in the event you can no longer make them. Talk about ventilated and mechanical devices that sustain your life, artificial nutrition, hydration, medication, antibiotics, surgical procedures, organ transplants, DNR, DNI, etc. When do you/they want treatment stopped in the event that the prognosis is slim for recovery with medical interventions? Think about the financial burden placed on families that don't have these forms in place or the stress of making decisions that your loved one would want. Family members don't always see eye to eye on these matters and can be a very trying time on family relationships. Start small conversations and then lead into more detailed ones, whatever it takes, do it before it's to late. Talk to your doctor about these issues in detail. FYI, your doctor CANNOT be your Health Care Proxy, conflict of interest.

Andy

IP Logged
StvMan
Real Rocker

"Yeah but I can
go to 11. One More
Louder"

Reply #10 - 09/27/11 at 18:54:28

Went to MA this past weekend with my sister and one niece. My Dad was surprised, worried and a touch of anger because he never wanted us to see him like this. This was all communicated by facial expression. He still can not talk but is trying too. I won't make the long story long but our visit definitely was a good idea and I believe lifted his spirits quite a bit. I got an e-mail last night and spoke to his wife. They were possibly going to move him into rehab today. He is still not out of the  woods but making progress. He has a long road ahead but he is a fighter.

IP Logged
Andy24
Real Rocker

Rochester, NY
Reply #11 - 09/27/11 at 19:19:57

Good to hear, if you haven't already, bring a small white board or notebook he can write on to communicate back and forth with if he can move his arms/hands.

IP Logged
hip
Real Rocker

KILL UGLY RADIO!

Canada
Reply #12 - 09/28/11 at 17:47:26

hang in there! times are tough but we all get through.  Keep us updated.

WWW   IP Logged
StvMan
Real Rocker

"Yeah but I can
go to 11. One More
Louder"

Reply #13 - 09/28/11 at 22:23:21

Good news today. My Dad was moved to the rehab section of the hospital. Bad news is he has been pretty much sleeping the last 2 days. They say if he is like this tomorrow that is not good. I personally think he had a big weekend with quite a few visitors besides myself, sister, and niece. Then the Pats loss to the Bills. Thank you everyone for the concerns. Andy that was my thought too but he is unable to write at this time. We are all hoping for the best and tomorrow is a new day.

IP Logged
StvMan
Real Rocker

"Yeah but I can
go to 11. One More
Louder"

Reply #14 - 10/22/11 at 15:12:52

I just wanted to let you all know by Dad lost his battle and passed away Oct. 22 2011 @ 2:10pm. Fortunately my sister and I were up to MA last weekend and had the chance to say goodbye. The world has lost another Steve. I love U Dad!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print