THE RUMOR MILL & GOSSIP WAREHOUSE
Give Us Your Version of the Word on the Street!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Cry Of Love - BBC Radio 1 Broadcast (Read 118 times)
Hilly
Real Rocker

East Tennessee
Cry Of Love - BBC Radio 1 Broadcast
03/18/11 at 12:59:00

The Borderline Presents
Cry Of Love
BBC Radio 1 Broadcast

This show, live at The Borderline in London, gives you Cry Of Love at their best. Live and unrestrained. Probably THE BEST live version I've ever heard to date. A must have if you're a fan of'em.

Some info:

Tracks 1 - 7:
Borderline
London, England
September 21st, 1993
BBC Radio 1 Broadcast

Tracks 8 - 10:
The Bob Harris Show (BBC - Radio 2)
Live Acoustic Session
September 21st, 1993

1.  Gotta Love Me
2.  Pretty As You Please
3.  Too Cold in the Winter
4.  Carnival
5.  Broken Toy
6.  Highway Jones
7.  Peace Pipe
8.  Carnival
9.  Too Cold In The Winter
10. Take My Sins Away

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VW3JB70M

Just a stranger in a strange land.
  IP Logged
dirtbag
Administrator

Knowledge of the
lack of knowledge is
POWER!

Re: Cry Of Love - BBC Radio 1 Broadcast
Reply #1 - 03/18/11 at 14:20:39

Thanks Hillyman!  You ROCK brother!  Can't wait to hear this.

By the way folks.  If you dig Cry of Love, Raging Slab and the Black Crowes then make sure you check out the HOLY GOATS!  Here's hoping they join us at the fest this year.

>>>www.myspace.com/theholygoats<<<

>>>www.theholygoats.com<<<

Can it get any better than drinkin, rockin, and blowin shit up? I didn't think so.
~ Bill Todd L.C.C.
WWW   IP Logged
Hilly
Real Rocker

East Tennessee
Reply #2 - 03/18/11 at 15:25:45

I just knew that I'd heard the opening guitar riff on the song titled "Broken Toy" somewhere before. Turns out, it's almost identical to Lynyrd Skynyrd's "Searching".

IP Logged
MikeT
Senior Rocker

Reply #3 - 03/19/11 at 07:56:25

Holy Shit!!!  Where can I get this??????  Oh yeah...jst downloaded Firebird's new disc....Double Diamond....very good....never found that Japanese release, Teed....any chances of a score?

Thanks brothers!!!

IP Logged
dirtbag
Administrator

Knowledge of the
lack of knowledge is
POWER!

Reply #4 - 03/19/11 at 13:19:46

MikeT wrote on 03/19/11 at 07:56:25:
Holy Shit!!!  Where can I get this??????  Oh yeah...jst downloaded Firebird's new disc....Double Diamond....very good....never found that Japanese release, Teed....any chances of a score?

Thanks brothers!!!

Mike - Hilly posted a link at the bottom of his post to download that EXCELLENT Cry of Love live show.  I already downloaded it and listened to it.  For an 18 year old recording, it's very very good.  You'll love it brother!

Here it is again >>>http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VW3JB70M<<<

Double Diamond rocks!  How about Bill Steer's OTHER WORLDLY tone!  Ayecarumba!!

Refresh my memory my man.  What Jap import?  Lemmy know and if I've got it, I'll burn ya a copy and send it to you by snail mail.

Can it get any better than drinkin, rockin, and blowin shit up? I didn't think so.
~ Bill Todd L.C.C.
WWW   IP Logged
Hilly
Real Rocker

East Tennessee
Reply #5 - 03/19/11 at 19:29:22

Maybe this'll help:

DOWNLOAD HERE!

Seriously, better get it. I can't guarantee the link will last long because I wasn't the one who uploaded it to the host site. The 3 acoustic tracks at the end are great. Definitely a rarity. Anything live of this band is VERY hard to find.
I've had an audience source of this show for quite some time and it sounds like it was recorded in a steel barrel compared to this version. Although it's a bit of a shame that this show is mp3 format, it's still a very good listen and I can assure you that you will listen to it again many times over. The band was on fire at this show.

IP Logged
MikeT
Senior Rocker

Reply #6 - 03/20/11 at 07:28:56

Teed,

it is in the albums of 2010 section...the cover has two dice on it and then you put up a cover shot that you referred to as Cream kind of looking...hope that helps!!! Would LOVE a copy if possible...thanks bro

IP Logged
dirtbag
Administrator

Knowledge of the
lack of knowledge is
POWER!

Reply #7 - 03/20/11 at 12:27:23

MikeT wrote on 03/20/11 at 07:28:56:
Teed,

it is in the albums of 2010 section...the cover has two dice on it and then you put up a cover shot that you referred to as Cream kind of looking...hope that helps!!! Would LOVE a copy if possible...thanks bro

I think that was the latest Double Diamond album Mike which you just downloaded.  Hilly mentioned that it was first released in Japan as opposed to Canada and the US.

The blue fireball/Firebird logo/band shot/duel dice artwork was one of my rock'n'roll inspired custom creations that I put together from pieces scoured from the net (we actually tried getting it to Bill Steer).  

The other Cream inspired live gig poster art was found material on the net and it was just that - a poster from a past live show.  I hope that clears it up brother.

Here's the page link > http://www.realrockpro.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1265819535/75#75

BOTTOM LINE:  Crank some FIREBIRD today!! Cool

~ Bill Todd L.C.C.
WWW   IP Logged
Hilly
Real Rocker

East Tennessee
Reply #8 - 03/20/11 at 19:52:01

Here are 3 cover songs that Cry Of Love played at Hengelo, Netherlands May 28th, 1994. All 3 are soundboard recordings, although the volume is a little low.

Wilson Pickett's "Mini-Skirt Minnie"
http://www.mediafire.com/?bvlpyo88zkz8wc3

Grand Funk Railroad's "Walk Like A Man"
http://www.mediafire.com/?r144q5jxz7qdwiz

Lynyrd Skynyrd's "On The Hunt"
http://www.mediafire.com/?kw8xmsam3aj2ij7

IP Logged
MikeT
Senior Rocker

Reply #9 - 03/21/11 at 16:04:22

Cool, Teed....that's kind of what I figured, but was hoping there might be some other Firebird out there lurking yet to be heard!!!!!  Love the new disc...it is stellar!!!

IP Logged
Bryan_T
Administrator

Rockin' & Racin'

Rockin' Rowland
Reply #10 - 03/21/11 at 16:17:36

Medusa Dave & I have decided that Cry of Love should reunite and perform @ WHEELIEFEST 13 along with the new Wheelies!!

"My clan is tough, my face is rough from weather & booze" - Parlor Mob

"AC/DC is the small block Chevy of Rock-N-Roll" -drunken BT
WWW   IP Logged
dirtbag
Administrator

Knowledge of the
lack of knowledge is
POWER!

Reply #11 - 03/21/11 at 20:41:38

MikeT wrote on 03/21/11 at 16:04:22:
Cool, Teed....that's kind of what I figured, but was hoping there might be some other Firebird out there lurking yet to be heard!!!!!  Love the new disc...it is stellar!!!

Right on bro.  I have to assume you have a copy of all their albums to date including Double Diamond.

~ Bill Todd L.C.C.
WWW   IP Logged
dirtbag
Administrator

Knowledge of the
lack of knowledge is
POWER!

Reply #12 - 03/21/11 at 20:41:55

Bryan_T wrote on 03/21/11 at 16:17:36:
Medusa Dave & I have decided that Cry of Love should reunite and perform @ WHEELIEFEST 13 along with the new Wheelies!!

NOW you're talkin'!!

~ Bill Todd L.C.C.
WWW   IP Logged
Hilly
Real Rocker

East Tennessee
Reply #13 - 03/21/11 at 20:57:06

A Cry Of Love reunion would be super cool! Whatever happened to their original singer Kelly Holland?! He was such a great rock vocalist but sadly dropped off the radar. Robert Mason replaced him, he also had a stint with Lynch Mob prior to that and was last known to be in a band called "Big Cock" <--amazed that didn't catch on. Robert Kearns, the bass player, had stints with Alvin Youngblood Hart but is currently with Lynyrd Skynyrd...so, that's definitely a money gig. Speakin' of money-gigs, is Audley still with the Dixie Chicks? I know he was getting into studio and producing work as well.

IP Logged
Bryan_T
Administrator

Rockin' & Racin'

Rockin' Rowland
Reply #14 - 03/21/11 at 22:23:17

Last I heard Audley was between gigs and most of the remaining CoL guys were all floating around the NC scene. The Stoners have met every one of them at various local NC happenings.

"My clan is tough, my face is rough from weather & booze" - Parlor Mob

"AC/DC is the small block Chevy of Rock-N-Roll" -drunken BT
WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print