THE RUMOR MILL & GOSSIP WAREHOUSE
Give Us Your Version of the Word on the Street!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Current Pontiac Leased? What's Next? (Read 72 times)
Bryan_T
Administrator

Rockin' & Racin'

Rockin' Rowland
Current Pontiac Leased? What's Next?
05/06/10 at 13:10:34

Our 08 G6 V6 is cheap leased through GMAC. Turn in date is April 2011. For the first time ever I have no real idea what vehicle or brand I will replace it with. If GM offers enough loyalty incentives in the future I may possibly stay within the family, but I truly am a "free agent" moving forward. New GM offers few car configurations that currently interest me, especially in the typical Pontiac sporty value performance catagory. Buick is too staid & pricey, Chevy is far too common & boring, Cadillac is out of my budget and I don't need or want a truck. In the past I NEVER would have considered a Ford, Chrysler or even an import but now everything has changed and I'm open to all. I require a Pontiac like package; fast, affordable, sporty, fuel efficient and a bit unique overall. Good thing I have nearly a year yet to shop the entire spectrum of choices!

"My clan is tough, my face is rough from weather & booze" - Parlor Mob

"AC/DC is the small block Chevy of Rock-N-Roll" -drunken BT
WWW   IP Logged
Bryan_T
Administrator

Rockin' & Racin'

Rockin' Rowland
Re: Current Pontiac Leased? What's Next?
Reply #1 - 05/06/10 at 16:13:55

Indepth Pontiac lease return article

"Thirteen of Buick-GMC dealer Kim Borcherding's customers had Pontiac leases that ended in March, but none of them bought or leased another new vehicle from her.

Six of them bought an import. Three bought a Chevrolet, which Borcherding's Cincinnati store doesn't sell. One bought a used vehicle from her, and three bought out their leases.

Those were their only options if they wanted to stay her customers, Borcherding says. Her current inventory is “just nothing that is in their league,” she says, since the lowest priced new vehicle she has costs nearly $25,000."

Read more: http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20100503/RETAIL03/10050999...

WWW   IP Logged
Bryan_T
Administrator

Rockin' & Racin'

Rockin' Rowland
Reply #2 - 07/07/10 at 12:39:29

With the all-but-certain double dip recession hitting soon I'm most likely returning to buying used Pontiac's once my G6 V6 lease is up early next year.

WWW   IP Logged
Bryan_T
Administrator

Rockin' & Racin'

Rockin' Rowland
Reply #3 - 01/20/11 at 09:28:33

Received my lease turn in papers last week. Car goes back in April and I still haven't decided what I'll replace it with. Our Firebird comes out of storage once the G6 is gone so I have until Dec to find the best deal. For the first time ever I don't already know what my next new car will be. Maybe it will be used?

WWW   IP Logged
Bryan_T
Administrator

Rockin' & Racin'

Rockin' Rowland
Reply #4 - 02/09/11 at 10:22:27

Just received a mailer from Ally(GMAC) for a lease "pull ahead" where they would waive up to 4 lease payments if I buy or lease any new GM vehicle by 2/28/11. In my case it would only cover two $158 payments and I'd lose my winter car too soon. Hardly an incentive. This offer would only be attractive to someone who is already at or over their allotted mileage which we are not.

Ya gotta do better then that GM!!

WWW   IP Logged
Bryan_T
Administrator

Rockin' & Racin'

Rockin' Rowland
Reply #5 - 03/24/11 at 09:33:56

Our final lease payment went out in today's mail. We have the car for another month then it will be turned in without being replaced until the right deal new or used comes along. All savings will go toward Tori's upcoming college costs but come Dec I'll need some sort of replacement. What will it be? Will GM make me an offer I can't refuse to stay in their camp? So far: NOT!

While there is nothing particularly remarkable about our G6 it's been a GREAT little car, good on gas and kick-ass in the snow. It will be missed!!

« Last Edit: 03/24/11 at 10:49:29 by Bryan_T »  

WWW   IP Logged
StvMan
Real Rocker

"Yeah but I can
go to 11. One More
Louder"

Reply #6 - 03/24/11 at 18:31:41

My Mom has an 08 G6 and just loves it. She bought hers out right.  Hey I think I slept in a few of the spots the car is in LOL

"A Little Whiskey Buzz Through Your Radio" TCB
  IP Logged
dirtbag
Administrator

Knowledge of the
lack of knowledge is
POWER!

Reply #7 - 03/31/11 at 19:59:33

StvMan wrote on 03/24/11 at 18:31:41:
Hey I think I slept in a few of the spots the car is in LOL

...yah, WITHOUT a tent! HA! Grin

Can it get any better than drinkin, rockin, and blowin shit up? I didn't think so.
~ Bill Todd L.C.C.
WWW   IP Logged
Bryan_T
Administrator

Rockin' & Racin'

Rockin' Rowland
Reply #8 - 04/29/11 at 11:00:12

Today is the fateful day we turn in our little G6 with no replacement. It will seem so odd to just leave "our" car at the dealership, sign a few papers, have no money exchange hands, then walk away. Twas a solid ride that was comfortable and great on gas. It will be missed!!

....then we're immediately off to see Avenged Sevenfold for the 7th time along with Sevendust & Three Days Grace. The G6 memory will quickly fade as we RAWK the fuck out!! Smiley Cheesy Cool Tongue

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print