THE RUMOR MILL & GOSSIP WAREHOUSE
Give Us Your Version of the Word on the Street!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
WELCOME!! (Read 94 times)
Bryan_T
Administrator

Rockin' & Racin'

Rockin' Rowland
WELCOME!!
05/06/10 at 11:00:08

Welcome to the new stomping grounds for all misfit toys and jilted Pontiac enthusiasts. This board will remain a work in progress for awhile but in the mean time SOUND OFF and...

LET ALL DISCUSSION BEGIN!!!!

"My clan is tough, my face is rough from weather & booze" - Parlor Mob

"AC/DC is the small block Chevy of Rock-N-Roll" -drunken BT
WWW   IP Logged
Bryan_T
Administrator

Rockin' & Racin'

Rockin' Rowland
Re: WELCOME!!
Reply #1 - 05/06/10 at 12:51:46

My 1st disclaimer:

I have absolutely no association with General Motors Company. I'm just a passionate, disgruntled Pontiac loyalist unhappy with the unceremonius & undeserved euthinazation of my life-long favorite brand. I'm certain there are MANY others that share similar feelings. This is their new community playground.  Smiley Cool

WWW   IP Logged
QbanMinotaur
Wee Rocker

REAL ROCKER

Sunrise,  FL
Reply #2 - 06/01/10 at 18:43:27

Thanks... and Yes... I'm a very pissed off Pontiac enthusiast.  For the "NEW" GM to keep GMC and dump Pontiac was an insult... and an outrage.  And for certain GM guys out there telling us to get over it...  I can just say two words... first one starts with F!

For years... we watched as GM ruined the long, established distinction between its different makes.  This started out in the 70's with regulations, oil embargoes, and bean counters running the company.  First it was the engines, then basically make boring cars, don't build them to last... and ignore the quality issues.  It got hard to tell what GM car it was side views... and each divisions image got blurred.  Even mighty Cadillac got racked over the coals when they over downsized in the mid 80's... and let's not forget the Cadillac Cimarron fiasco!~  Pontiac had great cars in the 70's....  and I loved my first new one... a green '79 Pontiac Sunbird coupe with opera windows.  Hey... I was 19 at the time!  I wanted  Bandit's Trans Am... but my wallet said otherwise.  The first car of my own was a '75 Pontiac Grand Prix... huge, gas guzzler... but loved it.  Till the typical rust/cancer inflicted it and she rusted out.... (I gave the car to my mom in trade for the Sunbird). I learned to drive in my mom's '65 Pontiac Catalina... and 65's are my favorites.  Have owned 2 of them... last one was a '65 GP that I had to sell for financial reasons. I still want one.. and when I can, will buy another one.  But as far as buying a new car? I am never stepping into a CHEVY/BUICK/CADILLAC dealership ever.  When the car show rolls into the miami Beach Convention Center... I will let them know I'm not interested in GM.  And if I get crazy to ever  buy a new car again... it will be a FORD MUSTANG or a DODGE CHALLENGER.  Here's a shot of my '65 Pontiac Grand Prix a few weeks before I sold her. She now resides in Mass. Yeah... I miss her... even when gas was over $4 a gallon. She was my daily driver.

65PGP.jpg
QbanMinotaur elMinotaur ToroChief   IP Logged
Steve
Wee Rocker

REAL ROCKER

Reply #3 - 09/12/10 at 13:52:01

She is Sharp. I had a '65 Catalina. Loved it. It that color Iris Mist? Mine was.

IP Logged
StvMan
Real Rocker

"Yeah but I can
go to 11. One More
Louder"

Reply #4 - 10/25/10 at 21:16:36

Been a while since I captivated all topics.. Saw my name was not here yet. I will say this PONTIAC RULES!!!

"A Little Whiskey Buzz Through Your Radio" TCB
  IP Logged
RagTopHeaven
Wee Rocker

REAL ROCKER

Reply #5 - 04/08/11 at 18:07:29

I just came across this discussion today and wanted to add my 2 cents.

I've owned 3 Pontiacs in my life and all were memorable. My first was a 1997 TranSport Montana for my family which we kept for 160,000 trouble-free miles.

Next came my 2000 LS-1 TransAm convertible which was a very good sports car and I've owned Corvettes and Porsches in the past.

I sold the TA to buy a 2006 LS-2 GTO which was an incredible, amazing car. The interior easily matched the quality of BMWs and the engine / trans combo (6 speed MT) was the best, most flexible I've ever had the pleasure to own.

My goal was to buy an '09 G8 GXP but that's on hold for now.

I'm holding out some hope however for Pontiac's resurrection.  GM tried to sell Saturn and then killed it. They also sold Hummer and Saab. I find it curious that GM NEVER tried to sell Pontiac.  They just put it on hiatus. Remember that the Camaro was also on hiatus from 2002 until it was resurrected in 2010. I'm hopeful that GM will again bring back America's BMW division within the next few years.

We'll know for certain Pontiac is dead if GM brings back the G8 and labels it a Chevrolet as the rumor mill suggests.

IP Logged
Bryan_T
Administrator

Rockin' & Racin'

Rockin' Rowland
Reply #6 - 04/10/11 at 08:55:02

WELCOME RagTopHeaven.

I too owned a 2006 GTO 6-speed and it was a FANTASTIC machine. We traded it in on a fully loaded 2009 G8 GT which will be our final new Pontiac. We also own a 2002 Firebird Formula 6-speed with RAM AIR. It was our first new car and we intend to keep it forever. KEEP THE FAITH, maybe GM will recognize the error in their ways and bring back Pontiac. Stranger things have happened!!

WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print