THE RUMOR MILL & GOSSIP WAREHOUSE
Give Us Your Version of the Word on the Street!

Welcome, Guest. Please Login
  News:

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
SCW - Acoustic - WRLT FM100 Nashville TN. (Read 185 times)
Hilly
Real Rocker

East Tennessee
SCW - Acoustic - WRLT FM100 Nashville TN.
05/14/09 at 01:12:14

Just a stranger in a strange land.
  IP Logged
Hilly
Real Rocker

East Tennessee
Re: SCW - Acoustic - WRLT FM100 Nashville TN.
Reply #1 - 05/14/09 at 10:28:56

Set list for that.

1. Backwoods Travelin'
2. Dragon Park
3. Gypsy Lullaby
4. Movin' On Up
5. I Found Love
6. Ride The Tide
7. Hello From Venus
8. Whiskey Blues
9. It Ain't Nothin'
10. One Big Drop
11. For My Friends

IP Logged
SCREAMER
Senior Rocker

Reply #2 - 05/14/09 at 12:54:30

Nice!!!! Thanks Hilly.....

IP Logged
rick-cea
Real Rocker

Can It Get Any
Better?? ,
Wheeliefest 18!!

Plattsburgh, NY
Reply #3 - 05/14/09 at 13:38:14

COOL more live stuff from SCW! Amen! Cheesy

'Ya all hear me out there?' .. "YEAAA!" .. 'You think they'd hear us in the next county? I hope the hell so!' M. Farris : WF4 9/28/02
WWW   IP Logged
Halsey
Wee Rocker

REAL ROCKER

Reply #4 - 05/15/09 at 11:28:50

God Bless ya Hilly!  Thanks so much for the awesome tracks!  I'm happier than a kid at Christmas.

IP Logged
thicknthin
Senior Rocker

Before the frost

Home of the Kentucky Wildcats
Reply #5 - 05/26/09 at 11:30:39

Thanks Michael!!

Up high in a mansion,
On a mountain of jagged rock.
Behind two iron doors,
So heavy they need no lock.

Is the last place that love lives,
Where the sad woman cries.
Is the last place that love lives,
Behind your eyes.
  IP Logged
Cotton
Wee Rocker

Reply #6 - 05/31/09 at 18:57:32

Hey guys, gals, and children of all ages! Is this the version burned from the radio broadcast? If so, then it would be the one with Tracy from Bare, Jr. on the electric dulcimer joining in on One Big Drop. My brother from another mother, Bobbysoul, captured that one from Lightning 100 and remixed it into its final state. He does amazing work! Also, the track listed as Whiskey Blues is actually Leavin' Trunk, I believe. I think it's an old Taj Mahal tune. The For My Friends track doesn't belong with that set, though. Somebody enlighten me, 'cause I may not have heard this version of that song before. If I'm talkin' 'bout the same show, that's the one that kicked off my tradin' days on the old Wheelies.com site. I met some of the coolest people I've ever known by gifting copies of that acoustic show as an ice breaker. I was so low-tech.....cassette tape was my only medium of exchange back then. It also garnered me my moniker that I use to this day. I used regular manila envelopes as mailers, but used actual raw cotton that I had free access to in the warehouse I ran as the padding. I think Andy & Becky were the first ones to start calling me Cotton after that, and Becky saved hers and used it for a long time after that until she finally ran out. If you think that one's hot, have you heard its "sister" show? 3rd & Lindsley--WRLT radio broadcast--Matthew Butler Benefit--7.11.99--ELECTRIC and SMOKIN'!  It is my favorite recorded set of live rock-n-roll I've ever heard. Once again, Bobbysoul caught it off the radio, even as we stood center stage about 4 feet back as it went down. I had the privilege of breaking that one public also, but it remains pretty rare, I think. I haven't listened to my copy of it in a while, but I'll see if I can dig it out. Maybe get it to Hilly, who has the technology and the know-how to make it downloadable. I'm still low-tech. "Don't hesitate to give it away if anybody needs it!" Peace brothers and sisters...................Don

"You know leeches like pretending that they're everything they're not..."
  IP Logged
Hilly
Real Rocker

East Tennessee
Reply #7 - 06/01/09 at 14:18:47

Cotton wrote on 05/31/09 at 18:57:32:
Is this the version burned from the radio broadcast?

Yessir.

Also, the track listed as Whiskey Blues is actually Leavin' Trunk, I believe. I think it's an old Taj Mahal tune.

Cool. Thanks for the info. I was just guessing on that track since I had no set-list with it. My bad.

The For My Friends track doesn't belong with that set, though.

You are correct.

I met some of the coolest people I've ever known by gifting copies of that acoustic show as an ice breaker.

Yeah, well. We're far and few between these days. Some of us have found quicker and greener ways to share, like with Bit Torrent or File Hosting. I know of a few folks within my vicinity, that have old Wheelies shows which have never been circulated, but they're a bit on the selfish side. weirdos.  

If you think that one's hot, have you heard its "sister" show? 3rd & Lindsley--WRLT radio broadcast--Matthew Butler Benefit--7.11.99--ELECTRIC and SMOKIN'!

Man, I'd love to hear it.

Maybe get it to Hilly, who has the technology and the know-how to make it downloadable.

I'll bet you 500 dollars that it won't happen! LOL

I'm still low-tech.

I hear ya. I still listen to vinyl, cassettes, still have 2 VCR's piggy-backed, even still use a Laser Disc video player...but...I have some pretty fancy new stuff as well...However, I still wholeheartedly believe that you just can't beat a good turntable running into a tube driven power amp/receiver paired up with some old school Cerwin Vega's.

IP Logged
Hilly
Real Rocker

East Tennessee
Reply #8 - 06/01/09 at 14:22:41

BTW, I have the entire show other than the radio broadcast version that I've uploaded here. It's 3 discs. If the demand is high enough, I can upload it in it's entirety. Being that I work 2 jobs, I just don't have the time for snail mail.

IP Logged
zricks
Wee Rocker

REAL ROCKER

Lamasco
Reply #9 - 01/27/13 at 10:27:08

Is there any possible way to get this back up so I can download it? I am a big Wheelies fan and would LOVE to hear this. I am way too young (23 to be exact)  to be fortunate enough to see them when they were all together in the original lineup.
Thanks, Zach

And If The Moon Is Right, the Dragons Might Fight All Night...
zricks   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print